Tuesday 3 September 2013

Steampunk Raygun part 1

Sorting my mk2 polo out for its MOT this week so I don't expect to get much done on the buggy, so here something else I'm working on between other jobs, I find its nice to have at least two prohects on the go then when progress slows on one you can jump to the other.

I have always loved the Steam Punk aesthetic and for a local show a couple of years ago I built a steam punk walking stick (I realise its got no gears on but I see the steam punk style as quite all encompassing. :-)
 Its made from a piece of found wood and various bits of pipe car parts and an old derailleur mechanism from a bike. As you can see it came second, I think the hand made birthday card won :-)

The current project is a ray gun, Its been underway for months, on and off, and started when I found an old model areoplane engine which when taken apart and rearranged looked really cool.

As you can see the handle is from a kids waterpistol and there are a few bits of electronic equipment stuck to it with blue tack to get a feel for the design.




No comments:

Post a Comment